To create Virtual Virginia student accounts in bulk for K–12 instruction, follow the directions below. This process must be completed by the local school counselor or division coordinator via the Virtual Virginia student information system (SIS).
Please ask your SIS data manager to provide you with a CSV file containing the information for your students based on the template linked below:
The SIS data manager may instead use the file linked below, which contains only the headers required for this file:
- If you are using a Mac, save the file in “Windows Comma Separated” (CSV) format, or CSV Unicode (UTF-8)
- The only valid entries for the _Grade Level_ column are (K, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, or 12).
- The only valid entries for the _Accommodations_ column are (NONE, SECTION_504, IEP, or OTHER).
Once you have the data for your students in a properly formatted CSV file, follow the instructions below to upload the file to Genius to create your student accounts:
- Log in to the Virtual Virginia SIS using either…
- the account of the local school counselor/coordinator who typically manages VVA enrollments or
- the account of the division coordinator.
- Click the Affiliation tab and then select the affiliation (i.e., the name of your local school) from the list.
- Click Bulk Import Student in the list on the left side of the page.
- Click the Choose File button, find the file you saved in CSV format on your computer, and select it.
- Click the Upload button to begin processing the data.
- Once the upload is complete, you will see a list of the successful uploads, as well as any errors that occurred and why.
- Uploading a file with a large number of data records may require several minutes before a success/error list is shown.
- Do not leave the page before the success/error list displays! If you leave the page before the success/error list is shown, the upload may not complete and you will need to repeat the process.
Errors in the File?
If there are errors in the file:
- Fix the issues listed in the file.
- Click the Bulk Import Student link to start over.
- Upload the corrected file.
Student Course Enrollment
Once the Bulk Import Student process is complete, students may be enrolled in K–12 courses according to the instructions linked below.
If you have any login or enrollment issues in the Virtual Virginia SIS, please contact VVA Support at [email protected].