Summer Session Enrollment & Fees
Enrollment Fees & Payment
|Grades K–5 Enrichment||2023: TBD|
|Grades 6–12||$375 per student, per course|
|Credit Recovery||$200 per student, per course|
Enrollment fees must be paid at the time of course registration and must be made using a Visa, MasterCard, or Discover card.
If a student’s Summer Session enrollment fee is not paid by noon on the individual cohort start date, the student will be administratively withdrawn from the course(s).
Withdrawing from a Virtual Virginia Summer Session course must be done by the enrolling school who registered the student, no later than the dates/times below:
- Summer Session (Grades 6–12) Cohort 1: 10 a.m. on Friday, June 3
- Summer K–5 Enrichment Cohort 1: 10 a.m. on Friday, June 3
- Summer Session (Grades 6–12) Cohort 2: 10 a.m. on Friday, June 17
- Summer K–5 Enrichment Cohort 2: 10 a.m. on Thursday, July 7
If a student is withdrawn by these dates, a refund may be requested by contacting Cynthia Evans at [email protected] and providing the following information:
- The name of the student
- The course from which the student will be withdrawn
- The date of the transaction
- The refund amount due
- The name on the card used to make the payment
- The last four numbers of the card used to make the payment (please do not provide the complete credit card number)
- A refund may not be requested until the student has been officially withdrawn from the Summer Session course by the enrolling counselor or school/division coordinator (who may be a parent or designated family member).
- No refunds will be issued for enrollments withdrawn after the corresponding dates above.
A counselor or school/division coordinator may enroll a student using the Genius SIS.
Homeschooled students may also register for summer courses by following these instructions. The parent or a designated family member may act as the student’s “counselor” during the summer. The parent/family is responsible for payment of all fees associated with the course.
In order to be offered, all Summer Session courses are subject to minimum enrollments.
Students working outside the local school setting should be aware of the need to access equipment that meets the minimum requirements as specified by Virtual Virginia. These requirements are detailed in the Virtual Virginia Technology Handbook and are organized into general course requirements and technical requirements specific to individual courses.
Please note that while mentor assignments are still required for Summer Session students, the school/division may designate a parent or other responsible family member to be the mentor at their discretion. Parents serving as mentors must be entered into the VVA Genius SIS by the school/division prior to registration. (When a mentor account is created, an email will be sent to the address used when creating the account.)
The Virtual Virginia Technology Support Help Desk will be available at [email protected] during the Summer Session from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m., Monday through Friday.
If you have general questions about Virtual Virginia Summer Session, please contact the Main Office at [email protected].