Virtual Virginia is a program of the Virginia Department of Education that provides flexible digital education opportunities to students and educators throughout the Commonwealth of Virginia.
How VVA Works
Virtual Virginia is a partner to all Virginia public school divisions. But how does it all work? Learn more about VVA’s core programs.
History & Mission
What is now Virtual Virginia is the culmination of nearly 40 years of evolving distance-learning opportunities provided by the VDOE.
VVA courses are designed, written, and regularly reviewed by Virginia-certified educators according to educational standards and best practices in instructional design. Learn more about our process and view sample content from a few of our courses.
In addition to Virginia public schools and divisions, Virtual Virginia is proud to partner with a number of educational organizations, including those below:
- Advanced Learning Partnerships
- Commonwealth Learning Partnership
- Comprehensive Instructional Program
- Digital Learning Collaborative
- National Collegiate Athletic Association
- National Rural Education Association
- National Standards for Quality Online Learning
- Quality Matters
- Virginia Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development
- Virginia Association of School Superintendents
- Virginia Department of Education
- Virginia Ed Strategies
- Virginia Leads Innovation Network
- Virginia School Consortium for Learning
- Virginia Society for Technology in Education
- Virtual Learning Leadership Alliance