Parent Auditor Accounts
A Parent Auditor Account enables parents and families to access instructor contact information, monitor student login activity, and view course grades, all within the VVA student information system (SIS).
Requesting a Parent Auditor Account
To request a Parent Auditor Account, please contact the counselor or school coordinator of record at your local school or division coordinator of record at your local school division.
Important: A Parent Auditor Account must be created by the counselor or school/division coordinator of record. Virtual Virginia cannot create Parent Auditor Accounts for parents/families.
Accessing your Parent Auditor Account
Once the counselor or school/division coordinator of record has created your Parent Auditor Account, you will receive an automated email with your Parent Auditor Account username and instructions on how to set up your password and access your account. The instructions are also provided below.
If you do not have your Parent Auditor Account username, please contact the counselor or school/division coordinator of record.
To set up your password and access your account, follow these instructions:
- Go to the VVA Recover Password page.
- In the “Login” text field, enter your VVA Parent Auditor Account username. (Do not enter your email address. If you do not have your Parent Auditor Account username, please contact the counselor or school/division coordinator of record.)
- Click the Submit button.
- An automated message will be sent to your email address associated with the VVA Parent Auditor Account username. Find the temporary password in that message.
- Go to the VVA Login page.
- Enter your VVA Parent Auditor Account username and temporary password in the appropriate fields and click the Sign me in button. We recommend that you do not copy/paste your temporary password, which may insert invisible spaces and prevent you from logging in successfully.
- You will be prompted to create a new password. Enter a new, strong password (with a minimum length of 8 characters) in both text fields and click the Change Password button.
If successful, you will see your VVA dashboard and can view the following options on the side menu in the VVA SIS:
- Select Course Information to access VVA instructor contact information.
- Select Academic Snapshot to check recent login activity for your student.
- Select Gradebook to view student grades. Navigate between multiple course gradebooks using the green arrows.
Remember to keep your new password private so that your VVA account will remain secure. Do not share your Parent Auditor Account username and password with your child. Also, please note that a Parent Auditor Account is separate from your child’s VVA student account and cannot be used to access your child’s courses in the VVA learning management system (LMS).
If you have any questions about accessing your Parent Auditor Account, please contact VVA Support at [email protected].
Multiple Children Enrolled in VVA Courses
If you have more than one child enrolled in Virtual Virginia courses, you may currently have more than one Parent Auditor Account using the same email address. To merge these multiple accounts into a single Parent Auditor Account, please email [email protected].
Please note that we can only merge multiple accounts for which the parent/family member’s first name, last name, and email address match exactly, with the same spelling, no extra spaces, etc. If this is not the case, please ask the counselor or school/division coordinator of record to create a new Parent Auditor Account for each child with the parent/family information matching exactly.