Inclement Weather Policy
Virtual Virginia’s Inclement Weather Policy applies to K–12 courses taught by VVA instructors.
- Virtual Virginia does not close due to inclement weather, even if a local school or division closes due to inclement weather.
- Virtual Virginia K–12 instruction will continue according to the VVA academic calendar.
- Scheduled synchronous instruction may be replaced with asynchronous instruction if the inclement weather is predicted to be widespread and impact numerous schools or divisions across the Commonwealth.
- If a school or division is closed and a student is able to log in to their course(s) from home, they should do so and continue to meet deadlines.
- However, if a student is unable to log in from home during weather-related school closures, VVA instructors will be flexible with deadlines. The student, their parent/guardian, VVA mentor, or school counselor should contact the student’s VVA instructor(s) as soon as possible to explain the situation.