Ensure that all of the following have been created prior to any course enrollments:
- Affiliation (school) account
- Student account for each student
- Mentor account for each mentor
Remember that a student must already have an account in Genius SIS before that student can be enrolled in a course.
Important: Do not enroll the same student in multiple terms for the same course (for example, enrolling a student J. Smith in the fall block, spring block, and full-year terms for English 9 would be incorrect). Doing so may cause unnecessary delays in actually securing enrollment for that student in any term for that course and/or may prevent a different student (at your school or another school) from being enrolled in the course in the appropriate term. Please enroll each student in only one term for each desired course.
To enroll multiple students in a VVA course, follow the instructions below. Note that all the students enrolled as a group must be enrolled using the same options (term, course, etc.).
- Using your counselor ID and password, log in to Genius. If you can’t remember your password, click the “forgot password” link.
- Click the Students tab at the top of the page.
- Click Bulk Enroll on the left side of the page.
- Click the Get Data button.
- Click the checkboxes to select the students you want to enroll.
- At the bottom of the page, click Bulk Enroll.
- Use the dropdown menus to select all options for the bulk enrollment. Please note that all the students selected will be enrolled using the same options (term, course, etc.).
- Click Enroll.
IMPORTANT: 2-Day Payment Queue Deadline
When enrolling students in VVA courses, the counselor, school coordinator, or division coordinator of record should regularly check the Payment Queue for the addition of any fee-based enrollments and choose a payment type for the enrollments (i.e., credit card or invoice).
If a payment type has not been identified in the Payment Queue within two calendar days, enrollments on the Payment Queue will be removed. Those students then must be enrolled again.
To make a payment to complete the enrollment process, follow the instructions on this page.