VVA & George Mason’s TTAC offering free courses on high-leverage practices
Virtual Virginia has partnered with the Training and Technical Assistance Center (TTAC) at George Mason University to offer a series of five professional learning courses about High-Leverage Practices (HLPs) for Students with Disabilities.
Each self-paced course is offered at no cost to Virginia public school educators and provides 5 hours of professional learning. The courses guide educators in learning about specific HLPs through videos that model exemplar teacher behaviors.
Educators may enroll in the five courses described below.
- Setting the Stage for Learning: Consistent, Organized, and Respectful Learning Environments (HLP 7)
- Collaboration 101 (HLP 1)
- Explicit Instruction and Feedback (HLP 16)
- Active Engagement Strategies (HLP 18)
- Differentiate with Flexible Grouping (HLP 17)
For questions about the TTAC courses and other professional learning opportunities, contact Professional Learning Coordinator Steven Sproles at [email protected].