VVA & George Mason’s TTAC offering free courses on high-leverage practices
Virtual Virginia has partnered with the Training and Technical Assistance Center (TTAC) at George Mason University to offer a series of six professional learning courses about High-Leverage Practices (HLPs) for Students with Disabilities.
Each self-paced course is offered at no cost to Virginia public school educators and provides 3–5 hours of professional learning. The courses guide educators in learning about specific HLPs through videos that model exemplar teacher behaviors.
Educators may enroll in the six courses described below.
- School Leaders, Administrators, and Instructional Coaches: Strategies for Teacher Retention & Support
- Setting the Stage for Learning: Consistent, Organized, and Respectful Learning Environments (HLP 7)
- Collaboration 101 (HLP 1)
- Explicit Instruction and Feedback (HLP 16)
- Active Engagement Strategies (HLP 18)
- Differentiate with Flexible Grouping (HLP 17)
For questions about the TTAC courses and other professional learning opportunities, contact Professional Learning Coordinator Steven Sproles at [email protected].