Local school mentors work one-on-one with Virtual Virginia students and teachers to help facilitate the success of Virtual Virginia courses. Mentors provide instrumental support for Virtual Virginia students.
VVA Mentors are responsible for:
- Monitoring student progress and needs through daily contact with students taking VVA courses
- Serving as a liaison between the student, the school, and VVA instructors and supervisors regarding student performance and progress
- Proctoring tests and exams on school grounds
- Collecting student forms required by VVA
- Working with local technology staff to ensure that all students have access to the appropriate technology
The Mentor Handbook provides quick access to answers for many of the questions mentors may have about Virtual Virginia policies, procedures, and specific programs and courses. We ask that mentors review the handbook and keep a copy for reference as the year progresses.
Handbook contents include:
- Program and course policies and procedures
- An outline of a mentor’s role and responsibilities