School Support Training Course
Counselors, coordinators, and mentors at Virginia public schools and divisions now have access to Virtual Virginia’s School Support Training Course, a free, online professional learning opportunity geared toward those who work closely with VVA students, faculty, and staff.
School and division personnel who are designated in Virtual Virginia’s student information system as counselors, coordinators, or mentors are automatically enrolled in the free School Support Training Course. School counselors and school/division coordinators are responsible for VVA course enrollment, grade retrieval, and more. VVA mentors at local schools work one-on-one with VVA students and instructors to help facilitate the delivery of VVA’s online courses.
In the brief School Support Training Course, each participant will learn about their role as a counselor/coordinator or VVA mentor and how they can support their students enrolled in VVA courses. Participants who successfully complete the self-paced course will earn a certificate and digital badge.
To begin the course, participants should follow the instructions below:
- On the VVA website, click the Login button at the top right.
- In the dropdown menu, select “Virtual Virginia Program (K–12)” and click the Login button.
- Enter your counselor/coordinator/mentor username and password, and click the Sign me in button. If you’ve forgotten your password, use the “forgot password” link.
- After logging in, you will see your VVA Genius SIS dashboard. On the far left, click the Go to LMS button.
- You will now see your VVA Canvas LMS dashboard. Click the card for “School Support Training Course” to begin the course.
For questions about the School Support Training Course, please contact VVA Support at [email protected].