Counselor & Coordinator Information
School counselors, division coordinators, and school coordinators are vital to student success and VVA’s partnerships with Virginia public schools and divisions.
- Promoting the courses available to students through Virtual Virginia
- Registering students for VVA courses
- Retrieving grades to record locally for awarding credit
- Communicating student progress to parents/families or other stakeholders as needed
- Ensuring that all necessary student services are provided at the local school/division
- Regularly communicating about students’ needs with VVA instructors
Counselors & Coordinators Handbook
The Counselors & Coordinators Handbook provides answers for many of the questions counselors and division/school coordinators may have about Virtual Virginia policies, procedures, and specific programs and courses. We ask that school counselors and division/school coordinators review the handbook and keep a copy for reference as the year progresses.
Handbook contents include:
- Information about helpful student support services
- Program and course policies and procedures
- An outline of local school and division responsibilities
Note: The Student & Parent/Guardian Participation Agreements form is included in the handbook. Each VVA student and parent/guardian is required to sign the form, and the counselor or division/school coordinator is required to keep the signed form on file. Download and print the form here (PDF).