The school counselor or school/division coordinator manages VVA staff accounts for a school. Before requesting or creating a new account, please review the staff accounts for your affiliation (school) by following the instructions below:
- Using your counselor ID and password, log in to Genius. If you can’t remember your password, click the “recover password” link.
- Select your Affiliation (school).
- Scroll to the bottom of the page to review the counselor, coordinator, mentor, and principal accounts associated with the affiliation.
If an individual’s account already exists, provide them with their VVA username and ask them to use the “recover password” link to retrieve their VVA password.
If you need to create a mentor account, follow these instructions.
If you need to create a new counselor, school/division coordinator, or principal account:
- Create a mentor account for the individual (if they do not already have a mentor account).
- Email [email protected] to request that the account be upgraded to the new role.
If a counselor, coordinator, mentor, or principal leaves their role, you will need to deactivate their account to remove access to your students.
- The counselor, school coordinator, division coordinator, and principal roles all have the ability to enroll students for an affiliation.
- If a principal’s contact information is provided on the school/affiliation’s main page, this does not mean that the principal has a principal account in the Genius SIS. A principal account must be created for that individual if it does not already exist.