To set up your password and access your VVA student account, follow these instructions:
- Before proceeding, you must have your VVA username, which is not your email address.
- Shortly before a term begins, students will receive an email from Virtual Virginia that contains their VVA username and instructions on setting their password.
- If a student is a late enrollment in a VVA course, then the student may request their username from their school counselor who is responsible for VVA enrollments. (If you do not know who this individual is, please email VVA Support at [email protected], and we’ll be glad to help you.)
- Once you have your VVA username, go to the VVA Recover Password page.
- In the “Login” text field, enter your VVA username. (Do not enter your email address.) Click the Submit button.
- An automated message will be sent to your email address associated with the VVA username. Find the temporary password in that message.
- Go to the VVA Login page.
- Enter your VVA username and temporary password in the appropriate fields and click the Sign me in button. We recommend that you do not copy/paste your temporary password, which may insert invisible spaces and prevent you from logging in successfully.
- You will be prompted to create a new password. Enter a new, strong password in both text fields and click the Change Password button.
If successful, you will see your VVA dashboard! Note that as a student, you can access your VVA online courses once they begin on their respective start dates.
Remember to keep your new password private so that your VVA account will remain secure.
After setting up your password, you can follow these instructions to access your VVA course(s) in the future.