Asynchronous Instruction, Grades 6–12
Asynchronous Enrollment Option
Virtual Virginia acknowledges that not all students in grades 6–12 may be able to attend scheduled synchronous sessions for the 2022–2023 school year. Therefore, VVA now offers an asynchronous option for students in grades 6–12 who need increased flexibility in their schedules.
Asynchronous students may watch session recordings in the place of live attendance and set up regular 1:1 meetings with their teacher(s) during the teacher’s office hours to review the material and address any questions.
Designated school counselors and division/school coordinators may request an exception to attending synchronous sessions for students in good standing. In this case, the counselor or coordinator will select “Asynchronous” for the available meeting time during course registration.
If you have already registered students and would like to change their course meeting time to asynchronous, please follow these instructions:
- Using your counselor ID and password, log in to the Genius SIS. If you can’t remember your password, click the “forgot password” link.
- Click the Students tab at the top of the page.
- Click the name of the student for whom you wish to request an enrollment change.
- Click Enrollment Change Request under Enrollments on the left side of the page.
- Click the Pencil/Paper icon to the left of the course for which you wish to request an enrollment change.
- Click the dropdown menu and select “Live Session Time-Slot Change.”
- Change the time slot to “Asynchronous.”
- Click the Save Changes button.
- The following confirmation message should appear: “Thank you for your request. You will receive an email when it has been processed.”
- Please allow up to 48 hours (excluding weekends) to receive an email notification about approval or denial of your request.
- If the change you request is a duplicate request, a message containing the text “already under review” will appear.
- Click the Close button.
If you have any questions, please contact [email protected].