Summer Instruction, Grades 6–12
Course Registration Now Open
Summer Session is a great opportunity for students in grades 6–12 to meet graduation requirements or to free up time in their course schedules for the upcoming school year. Two cohorts are available with different start dates:
- Summer Grades 6–12 Cohort 1
- Instruction: June 6—July 17, 2023
- Enrollment Deadline: June 6, 2023
- Cohort 1 Course Offerings
- Summer Grades 6–12 Cohort 2
- Instruction: June 20—July 28, 2023
- Enrollment Deadline: June 21, 2023
- Cohort 2 Course Offerings
Just like the regular school year, Virtual Virginia provides the asynchronous content and synchronous instruction for summer courses via the VVA learning management system (LMS).
For more information about Summer K–5 Enrichment, please contact [email protected].
Credit recovery courses for grades 6–12 are available for online instruction by VVA teachers during Summer Session to help schools and students address unfinished learning and meet graduation requirements. All credit recovery courses are developed to align with the Virginia Standards of Learning.
For Summer Session 2023, credit recovery courses are offered as part of Cohort 2, with a start date of June 20.