The Perfect Blend
2023 Blended Learning Conference
Saturday, February 25, 2023
10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Virtual Virginia, VSTE, and Canvas by Instructure will host our third annual free, one-day Blended Learning Conference for public school educators nationwide. With topics in both synchronous and asynchronous instruction, “The Perfect Blend” will highlight some of the amazing things teachers and leaders are doing to improve instruction and create blended learning experiences that are meaningful and engaging for learners across the nation.
Thanks to everyone for a great conference! Stay tuned for news about our next Blended Learning Conference!
What Can I Expect?
Here’s just a taste of the sessions that will be available:
- “Brewing Up Personalized Secondary School Education,” Kim Petersen, Head of Blended+, Calgary Academy (Canada)—See how Calgary Academy designed their Blended+ program, with one in-person day each week filled with high-impact learning opportunities and the rest of the week with either in-person or virtual lessons, depending on each student’s preference. You’ll see the technology tools that allow Calgary Academy to personalize learning for each student, plus specific examples of how they intervene when students need additional support.
- “Wake Up with a Cuppa Digital Breakout,” Heather Sorrell, Teacher, Isle of Wight County Schools, Virginia—Who doesn’t like a good puzzle? Maybe a riddle or two? Learn how to create a digital breakout lesson in this session.
- “Empowering Our Youngest Scholars to Create,” Debbie Tannenbaum, School-Based Technology Specialist, Fairfax County Public Schools, Virginia—Discover easy ways to promote student agency using tech tools and the three Cs of creation: choice, collaborative, and clickable!
- “Digital Button Brew,” Sarah Finch, ITRT, Sussex Co. Public Schools, Virginia—Learn how to create and use buttons to help students navigate their online courses.
- “Blending & Caffeinating Family & Community Engagement,” Chris Jones, Executive Director, VASCD—Explore strategies for blended partnerships and collaboration with families and communities.
- “Scaffolding Blended Learning,” Stephanie Howell, IT Coach, Ohio,—Learn how to set up your blended classroom so students can take ownership of their learning.
Sessions will fall under the following categories:
- Blended Learning: General Strategies / All Models
- Brain-Based Learning
- Canvas for Littles (Canvas for Younger Learners)
- Collaborative Learning / Student Collaboration
- Critical Thinking Skills
- Ed Tech Tool Showcase
- Family/Community Engagement
- Instructional Mentoring/Coaching
- Personalized Learning Pathways / Differentiated Instruction
- Professional Learning
- Project-Based Learning
- School and/or Division Leadership
- SEL and the Digital World
- Student Engagement Strategies
- Student Voice and Choice
- Universal Design for Learning (UDL)
For questions about “The Perfect Blend,” please contact VVA Professional Learning Coordinator Steven Sproles at [email protected].