Trailblazers (Grades 3–5)
Virtual Virginia’s Trailblazers Program is available to full-time students in grades 3–5 and encourages exploration, self-reliance, and independence in a supportive environment. VVA Trailblazers are motivated learners who receive primarily asynchronous instruction, with required weekly check-ins and small-group instruction.
- Each student is assigned to a full-time Virtual Virginia teacher of record.
- Core instruction is provided in math, science, social studies, reading, writing/language arts, and STEM.
- Students have access to additional instruction in special areas: art, dance, computer science, health & PE, music, and world languages (Chinese, French, and Spanish).
- Students primarily receive asynchronous instruction, with required one-on-one, synchronous check-ins with the teacher and small-group synchronous instruction.
- Students have daily access to a Q&A HelpDesk for individualized support.
- Teachers hold regular office hours for parents/guardians.
- VVA partners with local schools for DPBAs, IEP/504 plans, and ELL plans.
For more information about the Trailblazers Program, please contact the VVA Main Office at [email protected].